09 June 2013

Homemade Apple-Carrot-Orange Jam

I´m a proud owner of a Thermomix.
This crazy machine is full of German engineering and I love it and use it almost every day.
This little wonder cooks, chops, steams, boils, stirs, etc.

It was never easier to make some homemade jam! I already made a lot before I had the machine, cause I love jam!

Here is the recipe of the latest batch I made: Apple-Carrot-Orange Jam



You need:
Jam sugar 2:1 (ration between fruit and sugar, I like the less sweet better)
300gr apples
300gr carrots
350gr fresh orange juice
empty jars

Before you start preparing your jam, get the jars ready.
Make sure you clean them thoroughly, cause you do not wanna go your jam bad! I boil the empty jars or sauce glasses that I bought at the store and reuse in a mixture of water with vinegar. Be careful getting them out of the hot water, I use kitchen tools. Set aside and let cool off.

Chop the apples and carrots really fine in your blender; add the orange juice and sugar. Boil the mixture as given with the instructions of your sugar. Mine takes 4 minutes to be ready to be filled in the jars.
Fill the jars and screw the lid tight; you´re done, enjoy it!

For the labels visit worldlabel.com






No comments :

Post a Comment