16 May 2014

Rhubarb Syrup Recipe

I got a big bunch of rhubarb from my Mom´s college. Thanks a lot by the way :-)

I love it. I loved it when I was a little kid and my grandma used to make me compote every day when it was rhubarb season.
Anyway huzzy is not the biggest fan of rhubarb, so I had to figure out what to do whit it.
I stumbled upon this recipe to make syrup out of it.

I guess this also works pretty good with prosecco as a long drink. Fancy!


Here we go:
1kg rhubarb
1l water
juice of two lemons
1kg sugar
rosemary if you fancy
empty bottles that can be closed properly

Prepare the rhubarb, wash it and cut it in pieces. You don´t have to peel it.
Boil it for 30minutes with the water and the lemon juice. Run it to a strainer, squeeze it a little so you get all the liquid.
Pour it back in the pot with the sugar and boil it till sugar is dissolved.
Now you can add the rosemary for a few minutes.


Pour it hot(!) in the sterilized bottles and enjoy!




1 comment :

  1. Hallo Vivien, du hast nach der Öl-Wasser-Mischung gegen Blattläuse gefragt. Wir nehmen etwa 1 Volumenteil Öl auf 10 Volumenteile Wasser. Diese Mischung wird gut geschüttelt und dann auf die befallenen Pflanzenteile gespritzt. Etwa 15 Minuten einwirken lassen und dann unbedingt mit klarem Wasser abspritzen, damit die Spaltöffnungen der Blätter nicht geschädigt werden.
    Liebe Grüße
    Ute

    ReplyDelete